Saturday, November 9, 2013

What We've Been Up To

Let's just say that I'm really good at letting everything else get in the way of some leisure time, but I promise P and I are still around exploring our new roots in Des Moines. 

Here's what we've been up to: 

Center Grove Pumpkin Patch

A few weeks ago P, his mom and I had the opportunity to go back to one of my favorite places, Center Grove Orchard to explore their pumpkin patch.  Instead of coming back with just one pumpkin a piece, we might have gone a little crazy... 

Patrick and his mom Patty with their specially selected pumpkins.

The haul of pumpkins we came home with

Huddling behind a haybale.  It might have been a little cold and windy...



Hawkeye Football Game

I will still always have an attachment to Iowa City and a fondness for calling it "home."  I love the fact that it isn't a far trip to meet my parents in Iowa City to watch a game.  Although we were freezing until the sun came out the 4th quarter, we certainly had a lot of fun.  

Herky has a secret - he's Batman...


Free pom poms always make your day a little brighter. 
Freezing at the game and wearing a hand felted flower that I picked up at the Des Moines Farmer's Market.  It might have be a pin, but with a few bobby pins no one ever knew that it wasn't meant to be a hair accessory.

Crafting with Friends

I love the fact that we finally live close enough to our friends and family that we can spend time together again.  My beautiful friend Cindy had the BEST idea of hosting a pumpkin themed craft night.  I might have spent two hours mod podging sequins onto my pumpkin... 

The girls and I before the crafting began. 
Our finished pumpkins.  We clearly like a little sparkle.  
My finished pumpkin. 

Let's see if I can blog proactively before Thanksgiving and Christmas... no promises... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment