Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Current Indie Obssessions

Uggghhhh... It has been so long since I have taken the time to write a blog post, so here it is, albeit long overdue. 

It seems like in the last year I've taken a break from music.  Throughout college I spent a decent amount of time exploring new artists and songs that I liked, but after starting a "real world job" a lot of that went to the wayside.  In the last few days, I've decided to get back into that music exploration. 

Here's a list of a few of my new found obsessions.  Enjoy!  

1. Lorde - Royals 

I know that everyone has heard this song and it's been viciously overplayed, but how can you not love letting this tune get stuck in your head?  


2. Pacific Air - Float 

Pacific Air is actually a band that I discovered in Tucson while attending a Ra Ra Riot concert with a friend.  As much as I loved Ra Ra Riot, Pacific Air was an exceptional opener.


3. Tune-Yards - Gangsta 

Because the best bands are always discovered while listening to NPR...

4. Max Frost - White Lies 

LOVE his gnarly voice


5. Joywave - Tongues ft. Kopps 

A fun vocal electronica tune that will stick in your head all day. 


6. Tove Lo - Habits 

Gritty, a little cliche, and somewhat raunchy, but I'm intrigued by the improvement on the Kesha-esque image. 


7. Disclosure - White Noise 

The perfect upbeat background electronic for a workout. 


8. Lana Del Rey - Diet Mountain Dew 

Ok, so maybe this isn't a new obsession, but it's another song that continues to pop into my list of favorites. 


9. Youth Lagoon - Dropla 

The perfect background sound that fits in splendidly with the rest of my more mellow songs. 


10. Ra Ra Riot - Can You Tell 

Again, maybe not the newest song, but still remains one of my favorites - plus, they're amazing live.


No comments:

Post a Comment