Friday, June 21, 2013

DIY Farmer's Market Totes

Everybody loves some homegrown produce.  One of my favorite past times in Iowa City was perusing the local farmer's market and I was pleased to find that Tucson has some pretty great local markets as well.  Since my summer is pretty much free (woohoo - the life of a teacher) and I had some extra blank tote bags lying around after making bridesmaid gifts for my wedding last year, I decided to draw up a few designs for farmer's market totes.  I thought they were a little more stylish than the plastic grocery bags the vendors hand out - plus it never hurts to reduce, reuse, and recycle. 




Here are the materials you can use to make your own:

-Blank canvas tote bags (I purchased mine from Hobby Lobby, but you can find them at almost any craft store)
-Fabric markers (I used the black from a set of Marvy fabric markers I picked up at Michael's)
-Embroidery floss
-Embroidery needle
-A pencil (to draw your design)
-A lot of imagination

Let me know how your projects turn out!  

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment